FRESHTOBERFEST Youth Garden Sign-up
Thank you for participating in this year's FRESHTOBERFEST! It's going to be a lot of fun to see your youth create some culinary art that challenges us all to eat healthier!
Promote to friends and family!
Instagram: @refresh_216 #freshtoberfest
See Rules and Judging at the bottom of this page and fill out the following:
- At least four youth are enrolled in your garden program and will attend FRESHTOBERFEST.
- If you will have 8 or more students, we might split your team into two teams.
- Students may be from 2nd grade - High School.
- Garden teams should arrive between 3-4:30pm to work with their chef.
Rules for Tasting Battle:
- Create 200 portions of your small dish that highlights your produce in some way.
- You will work with your chef in the kitchen to cook and/or prepare hot or cold food.
- One dish is required. You may make two.
- Dishes should highlight your produce in some way, but other produce may be added.
- You should have at least 2 students at your tasting booth at all times between 6-7:30pm to talk to attendees to talk about their garden and their dish.
- One adult leader must always be present.
Rules for Educational Booth:
- We will provide an eight foot table for your educational presentation and food tasting station. This year, it will not be in the kitchen. It will be in the hall or back room. We can provide power if you need to keep food warm there.
- Your group can make a creative display of any kind that promotes your garden, the health of your fresh food, and the educational learning your students have experienced in your program this year.
- Students may participate in the tasting but NOT in the voting.
Best Taste (1st, 2nd, and 3rd place)
Most Creative Food Presentation (1st, 2nd, and 3rd place)
Most Engaging and Educational Student Presentation Booth (1st, 2nd, and 3rd place)
People’s Choice Award